FBTX ~ In the age of online access to everything from private rooms or homes to rent, a new City Council-approved ordinance better defines the nature of how short-term rentals integrate into Farmers Branch neighborhoods in a positive manner.
Ordinance No. 3575, approved recently includes the following:
- Short-term rentals must be for a minimum of two nights.
- Requires short-term rentals to collect hotel/motel taxes.
- Creates a licensing system for short-term rentals.
- Has exclusions for advertising parties and housing sex offenders.
- Creates a process to suspend the short-term rental license based on violations of City ordinances or any other state or federal law.
The new ordinance becomes effective October 1.
NEED TO KNOW MORE | Call City Hall @ 972.247.3131