Independence Day Celebration
FBTX ~ Due to significant concerns about the spread of COVID-19 as well as prohibitions on gatherings of greater than 100 people, the City of Farmers Branch has joined other area cities in making the decision to cancel our July 2 Independence Day fireworks show.
Independence Day Celebration (Event has been Canceled)
Thursday, July 2, 2020 | 7:30 - 10 pm | Fireworks at 9:30 pm
This event is changing locations from the Historical Park to Brookhaven College: 3939 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, 75244
Our annual Independence Day Celebration this year is relocating from the Historical Park to a drive-in experience at the Brookhaven College campus. The event is free to all and has been reimagined to create a safe and fun celebration.
What to Expect
- The main gate will open at 7:30 pm, and the parking lots will be accessed on a first-come/first-serve basis. Once capacity is reached the main entry gate will be closed to incoming vehicle traffic.
- Every other parking space will be coned off to allow for adequate social distancing between vehicles.
- Attendees will be allowed to exit their vehicles and set out chairs in the open parking space adjacent to their vehicle – please maintain social distancing from your neighbors.
- In the interest of public safety and to help mitigate person-to-person contact, the City of Farmers Branch will not provide its typical event entertainment offerings such as a live band or a children’s area. In addition, there will be no food and beverage concessions for sale.
- Patrons are encouraged to pack a cooler with any food or beverage items of their choice (except alcohol; and please do not bring glass bottles) as well as bring a trash bag to collect their trash.
- In contrast to years past at the Historical Park, this program will be a high-level fireworks show that can be viewed from many different locations in the area, not just on the Brookhaven Campus. Be on the lookout for a test shell to be fired at 9:15 p.m. so that spectators can adjust their viewing angle if need be.
In the interest of public safety, this show and site layout is designed to accommodate attendees who are arriving in and viewing the fireworks by their vehicles. Pedestrian and walk-in viewing is not allowed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Other Event Information
- Pets or Animals (Except for Service Dogs)
- Illegal Drugs
- Smoking inside the event site (except in your vehicle)
- Hazardous Material
- Yard games
- Portable outdoor grills: no on-site cooking will be allowed
- Canopies or Pop-Up Tents
- Skateboards, Roller Blades, In-Line Skates and Bicycles
- Golf Carts and ATV’s
- Unauthorized Sales, Solicitations and Distributions
- Patrons can bring in outside food and non-alcoholic drinks
All parking spaces are General Admission and will not be assigned prior to arrival. Parking attendants will direct each driver to a parking lot upon arrival.
Please park in the spaces that are not coned off.
Sorry, we cannot reserve parking. We suggest trying to arrive at the campus behind one another as cars will be directed to fill in rows as they arrive. Still, we cannot guarantee that you will be parked next to the other vehicles in your group.
It is recommended that you only share a vehicle with household members with whom you have been sheltering in place.
Unless there is an emergency, we ask that everyone stay in their parking space until the end of the show. In the event you need to leave unexpectedly, you may exit the parking lot via the designated exits. Re-entry is permitted as long as there are available parking spaces, however, we cannot guarantee you’ll re-park in your original space.
A limited number of restrooms will be available for use, and guests who need to use the facilities must follow social distancing restrictions and instructional signs. Restroom use will be limited to one adult at a time. Small children may be accompanied by an adult. ADA restrooms will be available as well as additional hand-sanitizing stations. Please look for the blue/white banners indicating restroom locations.
Your safety is our priority. In the event of inclement weather, event management may decide to delay the fireworks show or make necessary arrangements to keep you and our staff safe. Important updates will be communicated through City of Farmers Branch social media platforms as well as our onsite PA system. If it becomes necessary to evacuate the site then the Brookhaven College and the Farmers Branch Police Departments will instruct attendees to exit.
Personal vehicles and trucks that fit in a single, standard parking space are welcome. Oversized vehicles such as RVs and trailers are not permitted.
We understand that some cars need to stay running to run the radio, A/C, or heater. You may keep your car running if you don’t have the following:
- After market muffler
- Diesel Engine
- Running / Headlights that stay on (headlights should remain off throughout the event)
- Unusually loud engine or fan
Available at the Information Tent located near the front entrance to the Brookhaven College Administration Building.
We care deeply about the safety of our attendees, participants and staff members, therefore while attending this event please be mindful of the following:
- Masks are recommended for this event.
- Be Symptom Aware - If you feel ill, have a fever or cough, please do not attend this event.
- Maintain Distance - As you enjoy this event please maintain a distance of 6ft from others.
- Practice Good Hygiene- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When necessary, use the hand sanitizer stations that have been provided.
The City of Farmers Branch has taken enhanced health and safety measures for Event attendees and the Event Staff. While attending the Event you are expected to follow all posted instructions.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and possibly death. According to the CDC, older adults (65 years of age and older) and persons with underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
By attending this event you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
While we will have staff on-site to assist in housekeeping efforts, we kindly ask that you please take your trash with you and dispose of it at home to limit person-to-person contact and potential spreading of germs. Please keep in mind that we are guests of Brookhaven College.
Lost and Found
The Lost and Found is located at the City of Farmers Branch Police Trailer. To locate a missing child, please direct yourself to the PD Trailer.
No ATM available on-site.