Response to COVID-19: Due to the recent COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreaks our Adoption Center will be closed to the public starting March 21st. We want to continue with our life saving work while maintaining the safety of our citizens and staff, meaning we will be handling our typical procedures as follows:
- No owner-surrendered pets at this time, unless it is an owner requested euthanasia.
- Field calls will still proceed as normal Monday-Friday during our business hours at this time.
- We will not be renting out traps at this time.
- Animal adoptions will continue by appointment only, to see our adoptable animals please click here. If you know which animal you are interested in adopting please call the Adoption Center at 972.919.8770 to schedule an appointment. Appointments will be in 30 minute increments between the hours of 11 AM - 4 PM Monday-Friday and 9 AM - 2 PM on Saturday.
- Lost and Found reports may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call the Adoption Center at 972.919.8770.
Animal services is a division of the Sustainability & Public Health department designed to promote public health and safety through education, enforcement and legislation. The major objectives of Animal Services are to protect the public from diseases (such as rabies) that can be transmitted from animals to humans, to reduce the number of traffic emergencies caused by uncontrolled animals, to abate nuisances and annoyance to citizens caused by animals, to reunite pets with owners, to promote the adoption of unwanted or stray animals housed at the city’s animal shelter and to operate the city’s animal shelter in a humane and sanitary manner.
Animal services provides the following services:
- Removal of stray animals
- Public education programs
- Animal bite investigations
- Return of pets to owners
- Nuisance complaints
- Dangerous animal complaints
- Quarantine animals
- Removal of dead animals
- Loan of animal traps
- Trap Neuter Release Program (TNR) for feral cats
Contact Animal Services Department
Email Animal Services or call staff at 972.919.8770
After Hours Services Provided:
- Animal bites to humans
- Aggressive dog at large
- Wild animal in home excluding attics
- Severely injured dogs or cats at large
View our Performance Measures (temporarily unavailable)