All City-sponsored May programs and events are canceled.
Parks and Facilities: What’s Open and What’s Still Closed
- The Rose Gardens of Farmers Branch has always been open, but please keep in mind the CDC recommendations for social distancing and sanitizing.
- The Farmers Branch Historical Park is open, however, programs and events are currently canceled. Historic structures will remain closed. The Park hours are Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed on the weekends. Please check their website for the latest updates.
- The Skate Park has resumed its regular hours, but please keep in mind the CDC recommendations for social distancing and sanitizing.
- The Barney Wood Bark Park is open at its regular hours. Please adhere to the CDC recommended social distancing guidelines posted at the park.
- The Farmers Branch Aquatics Center will be opening the Frog Pond at 25% capacity. The slides, play structures, and locker rooms will remain closed. The Margaret Young Natatorium will remain closed until Governor Abbott approves aquatic facilities to be opened at 50% capacity. Please check their website for the latest updates and more details.
- The Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center will be hosting the Summer Funshine Program at The Branch Connection in an effort to keep our younger population distanced from others beginning June 15.
- In an effort to safeguard the population of older Americans, those most vulnerable to COVID-19, The Branch Connection will remain closed to regular programming through the summer months. Staff will actively engage in ongoing efforts to offer online opportunities and drive-thru programs. Please check their website for the latest updates.
FBTX ~ With impeccable credentials and a track record of success, Mike Mashburn has been promoted to Director of Parks & Recreation, according to City Manager Charles Cox. Read on...
FBTX ~ With a passion for history, an eye for detail, and a wealth of knowledge and museum expertise to her credit, Hillary Kidd has been promoted to the position of Farmers Branch Historical Park Manager. Read on...
FBTX ~ Slightly more than a week remains until the Farmers Branch Parks and Recreation Department conducts grand opening ceremonies for the City’s first-ever dog park, the Barney Wood Bark Park, on Friday, July 19 from 6 until 8 p.m. Read on...
FBTX ~ A very special Native Butterfly/Pollinator Garden within the Rose Gardens of Farmers Branch has been designated as an official Monarch Butterfly Waystation Habitat by the Monarch Watch wing of the University of Kansas Entomology Program. Read on...