Summer Funshine Program
Each week, campers will be taken on an exciting off-site field trip. The field trip fees are included in the camp fees.
The places include:
- A.W. Perry Homestead Museum – a tour oft the museum and free play
- G Force Mobile Laser Tag (onsite field trip)
- Children’s Health StarCenter for ice skating
- Obstacle Warrior Kids
- Firehouse Theatre – a tour of the theatre
- Movie theater
- Historical Park – ice cream party and sprinkler day
- Mary Heads Carter Park
- LLELA -Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Learn – learn about pound life
- Cathy’s Critters (onsite field trip)
On some camp days, a presenter will visit. Presenters include:
- Blackland Prairie (bird presentation) Presentation
- Dino Bo Presentation
- David Chicken
Registration is available online only at fbyouthcamps.com. In-person registration is not accepted. Financial assistance is available on a limited basis to qualifying Farmers Branch families. Proof of residency is required for those seeking the resident rate or financial assistance. Families with outstanding fees are required to reconcile account balances before registering for the program.
Registration Dates are:
- March 1, 2021 Open registration begins for Farmers Branch residents, and residents seeking Financial Aid
- April 1, 2021 Non-resident registration begins if space is available
Registration and documentation requirements for all families
Documentation must be uploaded to the registration system within 48 hours of registration
- Completed online registration
- Parents/legal guardians must provide a valid government-issued ID
- Copy of child’s birth certificate or current shot records (for age verification) for all first-time participants
Additional Requirements for Farmers Branch residents
Those seeking the Resident Rate or Financial Assistance for Farmers Branch Residents only may require additional information.
- Valid drivers license/government-issued ID must have a Farmers Branch address
- Proof of residency documentation:
- For those who own/lease current utility bill (water/electric/gas) or a lease current through August 2021
- For those who live with a family member/friend- two current bills the parent/legal guardian receives in their name at the Farmers Branch address (credit card bills, cell phone bills, bank statements, paycheck stubs, medical bills/documentation only)
- Residents seeking Financial Assistance: Current free or reduced lunch letter
Two Payment Options Available:
Total program cost is the same regardless of which payment option is selected. Fees are based on 10 weeks of summer break. Fees may be adjusted if summer break is shorter or longer than 10 weeks. Fees are all-inclusive meaning that all program activities, parties, snacks, t-shirt, and all other related supplies are included.
Option 1: Pay in Full at time of registration- credit/debit card only
- $950 ($95/week) for Farmers Branch residents
- $500 ($50/week) for Farmers Branch residents on Financial Aid
- $1,500 ($150/week) for Non-residents
Option 2: Five semi-monthly installments with credit/debit card draft
Note: The payment schedule is listed below. Fees are based on 10 weeks of summer break. Fees may be adjusted if the program runs longer or shorter than 10 weeks.
|Date||Resident Rate Per Child||Financial Assistance Per Child (Residents Only)||Non-resident Per Child|
Below are a series of videos to help parents learn about different parts of the Summer Funshine experience like signing in and signing out of campers and best practices for swim days and field trip days!