Teen Leadership Program
The Teen Leadership Program is a recreational and community service based program for teens ages 13-15. The program meets 7 am-6 pm weekdays from June 1-August 9* (excluding July 5) at the Farmers Branch Community Recreation Center. Activities include volunteering with the Animal Adoption Center, Historical Park, Parks Projects, The Branch Connection, Aquatics Center, and other special projects/events. Other activities include swimming, fitness activities, and themed parties. Breakfast and lunch provided Monday-Thursday from June 8-July 1 through the C-FBISD unless otherwise noted. Each participant receives a program t-shirt.
* The Teen Leadership Program meets in accordance with the C-FBISD summer break schedule. Dates are subject to change should C-FBISD alter the academic calendar.
Registration Information- Dates, Prices, Payment Schedule
Registration is available online only at farmersbranchliving.com. In-person registration is not accepted. Proof of residency is required for those seeking the resident rate. Residents may register for one or more weeks at a time.
Registration Dates are:
March 1 Open registration begins for Farmers Branch residents. Residents may register for one or more weeks at a time.
May 27 Non-resident registration begins if space is available. Non-residents may register on a weekly basis dependent upon availability. Registration will open Thursdays for the upcoming week if space is available.
$15/weekly fee for residents and $40/weekly fee for non-residents
Additional fees may apply for special activities (i.e. field trip, onsite entertainment, etc.)
- Only the parent/legal guardian may register their child for the program.
- Once online enrollment is processed, Teen Leadership Program staff will follow up with parent/guardian to obtain supplemental documentation listed below. This information will only be required upon initial registration. Staff will not ask for a new registration form or supplemental documentation each week.
- Registration form/liability waiver
- Proof of residency documentation required for those seeking the resident rate
- Parent/guardian's current government-issued ID required for registration
- Birth certificate/proof of age required for first-time participants
- Due to limited availability, participants must be registered in advance for the week(s) they are attending. Attendance will not be permitted unless a child is already enrolled for the week they are attending.